I have been nominated for the Leibster Award....twice. Yup two times, I am totally floored that someone would think I deserve a nomination, let alone two people.
The Liebster Blog award is for up and coming (isn't that nice that someone thinks I am up and coming) blogs with less than 200 followers (I can't wait to get to 100 so I can give away one of my mom's books). It is to show that we are appreciated and to spread the word about new blogs.
- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
- Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
- Choose 11 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
- No tag back (but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you)!
The rules say I must post 11 random things about me:1. I didn't think I ever wanted to do Kindergarten again, but I am so glad when the opening came up last year I said yes.
2. I am the grandmother of 10...
but how can that be...my own children are all still babies (don't they stay that way forever?)
3. I wanted a cool grandma nickname (because I don't feel old enough to be a grandma), but I never got one.
4. I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and it is a big part of who I am.
5. I am a book addict.
6. My first major in college was dance...I couldn't decide, but I think I made the right choice.
7. I can stick out my tongue and touch my nose.
8. My mom is a writer (I made her edit my first three blog posts...even though I didn't fix everything)
9. I run through the house jumping up and down squealing like a giddy school girl whenever anyone comments on my blog. If it is a compliment...I go a little bit crazy.
10. I love crafting and holidays and crafting about the holidays.
11. My favorite new word...craftivity! Whoever made that up was brillant.
I was nominated by Covered in Glitter and Glue
Questions I'm asking my nominees:
1. How long have you been blogging? I started blogging in July of this year...so barely 4 months.
2. Favorite food? Married a rancher...so I better say beef, but seafood is high on my list.
3. Best thing you've learned since becoming a blogger? Toss up...how to make little books in powerpoint and how to write the html code to link my blog when I sign my name on a comment.
4. How many siblings do you have? I have 2 brothers and a sister.
5. Who was your favorite teacher? Mrs. Heckman in 3rd/4th (looping back in the 60's). She made me feel important.
6. Do you play any sports? Not really....I swim, hike, dance.
7. What music do you play to put you in a good mood? John Denver...I'm old
8. Who was your first roommate? Other than my sister....Nancy Ware, Val Depew, Gayle Schlosser (we still stay in touch)
9. Did you leave your home state to go to college? How far did you go? I went from NJ to Utah.
10. Favorite thing about being a teacher? The kids!! The funny things they say and the light in their eyes when they "get it".11. Favorite form of take-out food after a busy day? If I don't cook at home I would rather go to a restaurant. We have a good mexican "dive" here my husband and I go to a bunch. If there is a crowd...then Chinese.
I was also nominated by Lisa at Lower Elementary Cottage
1. What is your favorite subject to teach? Lately it has been math...which is funny because I have a million books and I love to read.
2. Favorite holiday tradition? We light a bayberry candle on Christmas eve, then turn out all the lights except for my oil lamps, other candles, and tree lights then we read the story of the first Christmas, sing carols, drink a little egg nog. We hang our stockings and read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas.
3. Favorite book to read to your class? Stand Back Said the Elephant I'm Going to Sneeze by Patricia Thomas
4. Favorite guilty pleasure reality show? The Apprentice (would watch it twice...but now I am not sure it is on any more)
5. Favorite movie? I am an old musical fan...Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Brigadoon, Singing in the Rain, High Society, Mama Mia (new ones are good too).
6. What is your best childhood memory? Camping with my family...we went all over. Between my traveling as a kid and traveling as the parent I have been to 49 states (I only have Hawaii left).
7. What is your least favorite household chore? the dishes
8. What are you afraid of? Failing...I procrastinate a lot because I am afraid to start.
9. Salty or sweet? Usually sweet.
10. Where is your ideal vacation spot? Anywhere with trees, water, and quiet. I would take the beach, a mountain lake, a tumbling creek...fresh air and I am happy.
11. What sparked your interest in blogging? Reading all the great Kindergarten and First Grade blogs last year after I changed grades.
Questions I'm Asking
1. How long have you been blogging?
2. What inspired you to start blogging?
3. What is the best thing you've learned since you started blogging?
4. What is your best childhood memory?
5. How many states have you visited?
6. What is you favorite book to read to your class?
7. Favorite teacher?
8. What is the best part of being a teacher?
9. Do you have a real tree or fake?
10. Favorite Christmas tradition?
11. Dream vacation?
Blogs I'm nominating: