Saturday, April 18, 2015

A Bright Idea for Mother's Day

Mother's Day is just around the corner and if you are looking for a BRIGHT IDEA......I have one for you.  
In my Kindergarten classroom I always want to do so many things, but these bath salts have been a favorite year after year.

They are easy and fool proof.  
You just need:
Epsom salts
coarse sea salts
baking soda
scent
color
a container

The measurements don't have to be exact (which is great when kinder kids do their own measuring).  There are many, many recipes on the internet, but mine goes like this:
3 parts Epson salts
1 part sea salt
1/3 part baking soda
few drops of scent (essential oils)
few drops of color
*mix together until scent and color are evenly distributed.

In real life. for each student it looks like this:
measure into a quart baggie:
1 cup Epson salt
1/3 cup sea salt
2 Tablespoons of baking soda
few drops of scent (I use the liquid candle oils, essential oils are expensive)
few drops of color

*mix together, then pour into glass jar (just because it is so pretty)

Add a card or a note, and you are set.  Send home any extras in the baggie (or layer the extras like a sand painting, and give to someone special at your school).

If you want to try something a little different try this:

I gave those to some special friends one year.

If you like this idea consider following me on facebook, TpT, or Pinterest.

 For more bright ideas from other bloggers, please browse through the link-up below and choose a topic/grade level that interests you. Thanks for visiting!




5 comments:

  1. Great, easy idea. Thanks for sharing, Jayne
    Smart Kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable! I want to try these. Thank you so much for sharing!

    Monica Parsons - NC Teacher Chick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your students and your moms love them as much as we do!

      Delete
  3. This is so awesome. I will gift some of them to my mother. Thanks for sharing this. Now it's time to avail Telemarketing Services for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was thinking to gift something to my mother at this mother day. I will try this one. She will be very pleased. Now it's time to avail derma rollers for more information.

    ReplyDelete