Friday, June 19, 2015

Five for Friday....Mom is here!!

I just realized that today is Friday....isn't it wonderful that I didn't even realize that it is Friday!  Then it dawned on me that I should link up!  I am having so much fun, I need to take a minute and reflect.
http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/2015/06/five-for-friday-linky-party-june-19th.html

So here I am....linking up with Doodle Bug Teaching and  sharing some of my already fun summer.

First my sweet class spoiled me with surprises the last week of school!  A few I am saving for September, a few I am using right away!

My room is packed for summer cleaning, but I know I will be going through my shelves carefully later this summer.  It was a long hard decision....but I am staying in second next year.  I am looking forward to some of my sweet kinder kids (I have already seen many of their names on my list) and to the view out my window, where I want to spend more of my teaching time.

June means my mom is here!!!!!  She lives in Pennsylvania and every summer she comes to Utah and Nevada to visit my sister and me.  This year my daughter planned a party for her 81st and 1/2 birthday.  All of my children and grandchildren and many (most) of my nieces and nephews and their children were able to come.  It was such a suprise and such a great visit to have everyone in the same place at the same time!!


I am having fun this year introducing my mom to blogging friends.  Yesterday we went to lunch with the fabulous Nikki from Melonheadz Illustrating.  I just love her to pieces and it was so fun to introduce her to mom.  Tuesday we are going to the Cheesecake Factory to hopefully meet up with more Utah blogging friends.


While my mom is here I have been taking advantage of her writing abilities (she is an author and teacher of writing, plus an editor for Marywood University), and getting her to edit a couple of projects I have been working on. 

I have been working on this non-fiction unit.  I think my definitions are too wordy, so it is not yet finished. 

I have been having her check over my Friendship Salad story and activity.  I love using this the first week of school, so I want to be sure it is the best it can be! You can check it out here.
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Friendship-Salad-1351466
Are you already having fun?  What fun things are you doing?  My mom is here for one more week...we are just getting started.  WooHoo!!  Yippee!! and Hoorah!

1 comment:

  1. How much fun to have your mom there! We LOVE her book (Stand Back Said the Elephant). Have a WONDERFUL summer!

    ReplyDelete