Sunday, July 24, 2016

Five for Friday....SDE conference fun!

I have spent all this week in Las Vegas learning and growing as an educator.  I have been inspired by some amazing teachers and I have stepped out of my comfort zone just a little bit and it has WONDERFUL!!

I wanted to share what I have learned so I am hooking up with Doddle Bugs Teaching and Five For Friday to share my fun.
http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/2016/07/five-for-friday-link-up-july-22.html

First, I came to the SDE I Teach conferences to connect with teachers I have admired through their blogs, TpT stores, and following them on social media.  I loved giving hugs and getting hugs and I want you to know that these amazing teachers are real people.  They are the kindest and sweetest and smartest people I know.  I learn so much!!

 Second, I came to learn.  I attended so many classes.  I loved every one and learned something new each time.  It will take me all summer to really process everything that is swirling through my brain...but I know we will be doing more stem challenges (I attended two STEM workshops, one by Brooke Brown and one by Sandi Reyes).  I have some GREAT ideas for fitting it all in and engage my students.  We will be singing more (Thanks Debbie Clement) and making rekenreks (Thanks Deedee Wills).


Third, I came to share my passion....outdoor learning!  This was my first time presenting on such a large "stage".  I was scared, nervous, petrified, and excited beyond words!!  I loved it.  I loved sharing something so close to my heart.  I pitched my butterfly tent and we made pressed flower bookmarks (directions are here).  I promised my Kinder participants I would post the blackline master for the food chain activity.  You can find it here.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0-VQnQajmPuOVB5Mmhvdkh2N28
Fourth, I came to spend some time with my best friend.  I am lucky to have such a wonderful husband who loves me and supports me through all my crazy ideas.


Lastly, I sat by the pool and started to reflect over all the things I had learned over these last five days and this quote from Dave Burgess jumped out at me.  If you have never heard of him, you need to pick up his book Teach Like a PIRATE.  It is inspiring!!


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Terri! An amazing experience. Congratulations on everything you have achieved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing of information for me. If you are interested in the field of laser engraving machine, I would like to share with you some information for your reference as follows: laser cutting engraving machine ( Máy khắc cắt laser ), laser engraving machines ( Máy khắc bằng tia laser ), laser seal engraving machine ( Máy khắc dấu laser ) , industrial laser marking machine ( Máy khắc laser công nghiệp ), laser cutting machine decal ( Máy cắt laser decal ), laser cutting machine on canvas ( Máy cắt laser trên vải ), laser 1390 ( Máy khắc laser 1390 ), laser 9060 ( Máy khắc laser 9060 ), laser 3020 ( Máy khắc laser 3020 ), laser 1325 ( Máy khắc laser 1325 ).

    ReplyDelete
  3. _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

    نقدم لكم عملائنا الكرام افضل شركة تنظيف ومكافحة حشرات بالمنطقة الشرقية والتي من خلالها تستطيعون الحصول علي افضل خدمات التنظيف الشاملة لجميع اركان المنزل فمع شركة المثالية للتنظيف انتم دائما في امان فتعد شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالقطيف افضل شركة متخصصة في تنظيف المنازل والشقق والفلل والمجالس والبيوت والكنب والسجاد والمفروشات بالقطيف وكذلك بجميع مدن ومحافظات المنطقة الشرقية بالمملكة العربية السعودية , تعتمد شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالقطيف علي افضل واحدث اجهزة التنظيف المثالية والتي من خلالها نسنطيع نقديم افضل خدمات التنظيف الشاملة للمنازل والمجالس بافضل جودة ممكنة وبارخص الاسعار المثالية فعندما نبحث عن افضل شركة تنظيف بالمنطقة الشرقيو فنحن بحاجة الي شركة المثالية للتنظيف التي لديها الخبرة الكبيرة والامكانيات الكبيرة والقدرة الهائلة علي خدمة عملائها بالاستعانة بامهر العمالة ذات الخبرة الكبيرة في مجالات التنظيف منذ عشرات السنوات ولم تغفل شركة المثالية للتنظيف فروعها الاخري بل اننا نقدم افضل خدماتنا بالاحساء من خلال شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالاحساء التي تستطيع توفير كافة الامكانيات اللازمة لتنفيز خدمات النظافة الشاملة بالاحساء وكذلك مدن محافظات المنطقة الشرقية فكل هذا تستطيعون الحصول علية من خلال
    شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالاحساء
    كما ان شركة المثالية للتنظيف لم تغفل افضل الخدمات واكثرها اهمية لعملائها وهي خدمة مكافحة الحشرات فلدينا شركة المثالية لمكافحة الحشرات التي تسستطيع تقديم خدمة ابادة الحشرات الطائرة والزاحفة بجميع انواعها باستخدام افضل المبيدات الامنة والنظيفة ذات التاثير القوي والفعال علي الحشرات والتي من خلالها نضمن لعملاء شركة المثالية لمكافحة الحشرات بالاحساء العيش في منزل امن خالي من الحشرات بجميع انواعها فلدينا الخدمات الاتية
    شركة المثالية لمكافحة الحشرات
    شركة المثالية لمكافحة الحشرات بالاحساء
    شركة المثالية لمكافحة الحشرات بالدمام

    ReplyDelete