Saturday, January 12, 2013

I {heart} math!

Yikes!!  I have been running around trying to get my classroom ready....getting back in a routine...trying to keep my New Years resolutions...reading lots of blogs...making stuff in powerpoint, that I didn't realize how long it had been since I last posted.

I have been having so much fun with missing addends.  Between the jingle bells at Christmas and snowballs this week,  look what I found for February!

I've had these jewels for counting for awhile....but when I was at Target (yay...it's a 3 hour trip to the nearest one) I found the hearts.  Then I went and altered my recording sheet for February.  You can grab a copy of it here.  I just love the DJ Inkers graphics. I've added several options for recording.  Some of my kiddos are ready to add signs and make number sentences, but some still need help following along across the page.  For those needing some extra scaffolding I added a table.  Don't forget the game is great thinking even without the  recording sheet.  I've included a math talk page to help organize their thinking.
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Missing-AddendValentine-Style-552124

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Missing-AddendValentine-Style-552124

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Missing-AddendValentine-Style-552124

I'm still working a year's worth of recording sheets.  This game never seems to get old.  Just change up what you are hiding and/or the number of objects you give for the students to work with and this center could go all year.  Can anyone say shamrocks?  But before I do that I want to link up with Manic Mondays over at Classroom Freebies.



5 comments:

  1. This looks like fun! Thanks for sharing.
    Teachin' First

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your comment on DeeDee's blog and knew I had to check you out! I'm your newest follower! I love finding other teachers with "drive" to share ideas with! I hope we can swap ideas! Blessings!

    Holly Ehle
    Mrs. Ehle's Kindergarten Connections

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I'm a tad jealous that I don't teach the little ones... pleasing them looks like so much fun, as opposed to my middle schoolers!

    Mme Aiello @ Teaching FSL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, visiting from Manic Monday and this is a very good idea! I LOVE those hearts, I have to see if I can find them! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta love Target" dollar spot. Hope you find something fun to use.

      Delete