Friday, December 27, 2013

13 in 13...a linky party

One thing I have always loved about the week between Christmas and New Years was the chance to finally sit and enjoy my Christmas decorations and the chance to sit and reflect on the year that has gone by.  It is a great time to think about all the good things, and make plans and set goals for the new year.  I am linking up with three of my favorite bloggers to do just that.
http://www.miss-kindergarten.com/2013/12/13-in-13-linky-party.html

(one)
I can't believe that it has only been a year since I got an official looking blog and a mini me from the very talented Nikki at Melonheadz Illustrating.  My blog design is from Honey Bunch and it includes this very real looking me!
(two)
I also started selling the things I was making for my classroom on tpt.  This was my very first product: Peas and Carrots.  
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Peas-and-Carrots-768700

We use it in my Kindergarten classroom all year to introduce and work with numbers to 10.  I confess to being so surprised when someone actually bought one.  I still give most of my resources away for free...but I am working hard to make sure what I use myself is worthy of selling.  Keep your eyes open, I am expecting great things from myself in the coming year.

(three)
In April my niece was married and it turned in to a mini family reunion.  My mom and brother (and family) came west, and my niece married a boy from my husband's home town in Idaho.


After all the fun of the wedding we took all of my kids and grandkids on a tour of the ranch.  Favorite memory....listening to my sons argue over the batmobile (they were in the loft of the barn where all the old house stuff was stored and all we could hear were their voices...it was just like old times).

(four)
Then there were several more weddings...another niece (and we reconnected with the other side of the family)

(five)
And a couple of daughters from other mothers....they might as well have been mine. 

(six)
I won a blogging contest (my first one) and got to skype with Debbie Clement.  She sang with our whole Kindergarten!  It was a dream come true.

http://rainbowswithinreach.blogspot.com/p/photos.html

(seven)
My mom came to visit in June and we went to the Shakespearean Festival in Cedar City, Utah. (I can't find any of my pictures)

(eight)
July found us gathering for a birthday bash (too many birthdays, including 3 generations on the 17th).  We went camping and swimming Nat-Soo-Pah


(nine)
In August one of my best memories of the ENTIRE year...meeting some of the wonderful women I have been getting to know through blogging.  I am becoming great friends with many of them, and I admire all of them.  Many of these ladies are my idols and I got to spend an afternoon with them.  I am hoping the 2014 will bring more meet-ups and more friendships.

(ten)
I celebrated 35 years with my wonderful husband by crossing off one of his bucket list items...traveling to Balanced Rock in Idaho.  We also crossed off one of mine, going back to Stanley Lake.

(eleven)
My mom fell when she was visiting in June and never really recovered.  That fall may have been part of the reason she needed surgery in November.  I never take off during the school year...but this time things fell into place and I knew it was the right thing to do.  I went back to PA and spent 2 weeks helping my mom recover. (no pictures...sorry)

(twelve)
While I was there her latest book became official and I was able to get her to sign a whole bunch for me to give away at Christmas.

(thirteen)
My husband surprised me twice this year...first by insisting we buy me a new car, and then ordering these license plates for my birthday present.

How fun to link up and remember all the good times, there have been so many.  I started out thinking...how will I ever come up with thirteen, but now I need to cut some out.  It has been a wonderful year!  I am looking forward to next year being even better.

http://www.miss-kindergarten.com/2013/12/13-in-13-linky-party.html




No comments:

Post a Comment