Saturday, May 3, 2014

Currently...It's almost Mother's Day

Oh. My. Goodness....it is May!  When did that happen?  This spring is flying by, and school is almost done, but first is is time to join up with  Farley at Oh' Boy Fourth Grade for this month's installment of currently.
http://ohboy3rdgrade.blogspot.com/2014/05/may-currently.html
Don't know how much explaination each of these need, but in the spirit of full disclouser here goes:

Listening:  I am a granola loving, wanta be hippie, outside and barefoot all the time from the 70's and John Denver brings back good memories.  He has always kept me motivated and grounded in doing what is best.

Loving:  One of "my" children had a beautiful baby boy this week.  Absolutely the sweetest thing and the snuggle time was just what I needed.

Indescribable bliss!  Now I can't wait to meet my newest granddaughter later this month!!

Thinking:  Mother's Day is so close and I have so many mothers I want to honor.  I need to get busy honoring my own mother, my daughters and daughters-in-law, several other daughters from other mothers, and some really good friends and family members.  The list is getting long and I am starting to panic.  Then there is stuff to do with my Kinders....so many ideas, so little time.
Painting tulips with forks.


Wanting:  I am guest blogging at PreK and K Sharing (today) and I can't seem to get my act together.  The plan is to blog about the about the bath salts we are making this week in my Kindergarten classroom.
       Update....finished my post for PreK and K Sharing.  If you want my bath salts recipe head over there (just click on the picture)
http://prekandksharing.blogspot.com/2014/05/es-spa-cially-for-mothers-day.html

   Needing:  Sometimes I just need someone to tell me that what I am doing is right and good, or even a you can do this (if I haven't yet started).  I think I need that today.

Surprise!!  That brings me to Nikki Casassa from Melonheadz Illustrating.
http://melonheadzillustrating.blogspot.com/

If you have seen her "stuff" you know how talented she is.  Amazing!!  But if you have met her, or talked to her then you know that she is truly an Angel here on earth.  More than once we have been chatting online and she has solved my problem, given me the encouragement I needed, or the kick in the butt.  I love her so much and she is an inspiration!

Here's to a GREAT month!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I found you through the May Currently link up. I totally understand what you mean about needing the encouragement at times. From what I can see through your blog, you can do whatever you put your mind to! :-) I am a new follower.

    -Tasha
    www.atenderteacherforspecialneeds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Terri! Found you on Currently, of course. John Denver "takes me home", too! I remember once, when we lived in Nebraska, hearing "Country Roads" and bursting into tears. So glad to be home! Looks like if you're guest blogging, you're pretty well established at what your'e doing. Just keep up the good work:)
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete