Friday, August 8, 2014

Five for Friday....the week I found out.

It's Friday....and oh my goodness, it has been a week!  You would think I was one of the ones starting back to school (I have been here long enough each day).  Nope.  We haven't started back yet and it is a good thing.

I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching just to give you a quick peek into my week.

http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/2014/08/five-for-friday-linky-party-august-8th.html

What I really need is a big ole sign that says

Yup, that's right, I am moving to 2nd.  It might be a short trip....the higher ups said I can move back, but "they" need me.  How can you say no?  Especially when they say they need a strong, experienced second grade teacher (I did teach 2nd for about 12 years).  Even if they said that just to make me feel better....I will take it.

So I am going, and I am going with a smile.  There must be a reason, and if I have a good attitude and do my best...I bet I will figure it out by June.

So....in the middle of all that craziness and a bit of panic, I had an anniversary.  I married this guy 36 years ago!  He is my rock, my go to guy, and all around best friend.  We go on lots of adventures together.  We have raised a wonderful family, and even if he drives me crazy sometimes....I wouldn't trade him.


I spent part of my week watching this granddaughter at the pool.  Her brother was taking swimming lessons too until some "big kids" pushed him off the slide and he broke his arm.


The rest of the week I have been at school trying to finish up this organizing project before I start thinking about second grade.  It is coming along....just a lot slower than I thought.


Part of that project was making these with my daughter-in-law and her circuit.  More on that later.


I am blessed to have some great friends.  Unexpectedly a very good friend came by with not one....but two aprons for me.  She, and her daughter, made them just because I had commented on another friend's facebook page how cute I thought they were.  I am still overwhelmed with this random act of kindness.  The more I think about how kind and generous they were...the more I know I need to pay it forward.
That is my goal for this coming week...find a way to pay it forward and do three random acts of kindness.  Of course I also want to get my labels made and my library put back together.  Do you have plans??

2 comments:

  1. Terri: Your positive attitude amazes and inspires me. Wishing you luck however it turns out!

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a wonderful year, even if it isn't what you originally expected! :) You have a great outlook, and I can't wait to see all the fun you have in 2nd!

    ReplyDelete